The Emerging Artists Program provides funding and performance opportunities to young musicians. Since its inception almost seven years ago, the program has helped a number of young emerging artists in defining their careers and has awarded over $20,000 to individual musicians and education entities.
Amadeus Emerging Artists include
- The Verona String Quartet (formerly the Wasmuth String Quartet) (2014-15)
- violin/piano duo Brendan Conway and Florian Noack (2014-15)
- The Children’s Chorus of Washington (2013-14)
- The Calidore String Quartet (2012-13)
- violin/cello duo Petr & Josef Špaček
- guitarist Berta Rojas
- soprano Jessica Swink Stecklein
- harpist Angelina Savoia
- pianist John Chen
This program was the brainchild of Amadeus founder Timothy Rowe, who wanted to find and support deserving young musicians. It was nurtured and refined by generous contributions from the DeLaski Family Foundation.
Awardees are chosen by the Artistic Director in consultation with the Board of Directors, on the basis of excellence and commitment to music. With additional funding, the program would be able to award more scholarships to deserving students and exceptional local organizations.