Those attending the season-opening orchestral concert of Amadeus Concerts on Sunday, September 29th at St. Luke’s Catholic Church in McLean are in for a special treat. In addition to an afternoon of spectacular music, and in honor of Great Falls Studio’s 10th anniversary, Amadeus Concerts has invited a number of GFS artists to exhibit their works at the wine and hors d’oeuvres reception immediately following the concert.
Among those showing their works will be:
- Karen Bateman, oil painting, www.karenbatemanart.com
- Betty Ganley, watercolor painting, www.bettyganley.com
- Cindy Grisdela, contemporary fiber artist, www.cindygrisdela.com
- Margaret Johnson, oil painting, www.margaretjohnsonart.com
- Laura Nichols, clay / pottery, www.pigpenpottery.com
- Dee Leggett, color photography and jewelry, deeleggettphotography.vpweb.
Great Falls Studios will be having a 10th Anniversary all-day celebration and exhibit on Saturday, October 5th, at the Great Falls Library, including a free reception with refreshments from 2pm – 4pm.
Two weeks later, on October 19th & 20th, 2013, will be the Great Falls 10th Annual Studio Tour (also free) featuring the works of fifty participating artists at over 30 locations in Great Falls. Further information about this tour will be available at the Amadeus orchestra concert on September 29th.
Come on the 29th, enjoy the music, have a glass of wine, and see a sample of the works by local artists which you will see on the Studio Tour.